I got the idea for this meal when I found a tray of four large flat mushrooms for £1, and then I remembered I had some pork mince in the fridge that I hadn’t quite done anything with yet. This was super easy to make. Here’s how.
- Season the pork mince with fresh thyme, fresh parsley, garlic, sea salt, black pepper, ginger, lots of fresh chilli, a tiny smidgen of brown sugar, mixed spice, and some spring onions
- Wash the mushrooms to remove any dirt or soil and place them on a baking tray with some olive oil so they don’t stick
- Divide the mince into four equal balls and press each meaty ball into the inside of the mushroom, filling all the corners without breaking the mushroom
- Bake in the oven at 190*C for about 45 minutes, basting a few times with the run off juices
- While that’s baking, shred the savoy cabbage and place in a steamer; and then peel, dice and boil the sweet potato until soft
- I like my mash chunky so I didn’t use a traditional masher. I used a hefty wooden spoon to beat the sweet potatoes round the pot until they clung together (as though they had offended me, which of course they hadn’t).
- When it’s all ready, plate up and serve. More pictures below. Omnomnomnom….